Chemists - Pharmacy - Online Pharmacy - Australian Chemists
Prescription Medicine - Medicine - Perfumes - Fragrances
Pharmacy Calculations For Technicians
With Pharmacy Calculations for Technicians, students learn the essential mathematics concepts and skills pharmacy technicians use on the job. Clear, complete examples and practice problems guide students in learning the skills required for calculating and preparing drug doses in both community and institutional pharmacy settings. Students are guided step-by-step through calculation methods, including ratio and proportion, dimensional analysis, and alligation.
Pharmacy Practice For Technicians
With this exceptional textbook students gain the necessary knowledge skills and confidence to provide safe and effective care for the patients they will serve in their future careers.
Chapter features help students learn all facets of pharmacy practice including:
In addition three appendices offer students valuable reference material on:
- an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of pharmacy technicians in both community and institutional practice settings
- a comprehension of the laws regulations and standards that govern pharmacy practice
- an awareness of medication safety issues in the prescription-filling process
- knowledge of the equipment supplies prescription order forms and medication labels used in pharmacy practice
- insight into professionalism including effective communication with patients and other healthcare professionals cultural awareness and ethical behavior
The Study Partner CD supports student learning with:
- the most commonly prescribed drugs
- the top drugs administered in hospitals
- common pharmacy abbreviations and acronyms
New and Noteworthy Chapter Features:
- Chapter Terms and Flash Cards that help students learn key terminology
- Matching Activities that provide students with a fun interactive way to learn chapter content
- Quizzes that test studentsa' understanding of important chapter concepts in both practice and reported modes
- A Link to the Internet Resource Center providing in-depth reference information and additional resources
Practice Tips highlight guidelines pharmacy technicians should follow in the workplace teaching students how to be successful and efficient on the job.
- NEW! Timely Topics cover important issues and initiatives to heighten students' awareness of the developing technology trends and policies impacting their field.
- NEW! Reinforcing Your Learning offers 3a"5 enrichment activities that strengthen student comprehension of chapter concepts.
- NEW! Thinking on Your Feet presents real-world scenarios that give students practice handling challenging situations in the workplace.
- NEW! Acquiring Field Knowledge expands students' understanding of pharmacy practice through Web-based projects.
- NEW! Sampling the Certification Exam provides students with 10 practice problems that model the test format of the certification exams.
- Learning Objectives establish clear goals for students as they begin their chapter study helping them focus on the information that is most critical to their success.<
- Key Terms are highlighted and defined to help students better comprehend the language they will use when communicating with patients and other healthcare professionals.
- Safety Notes alert students to important safety reminders that must be heeded to provide safe and effective patient care.
- Photographs and Illustrations help students visualize pharmacy procedures medication dosage forms supplies equipment and real-world patient interactions.
- Tables and Chapter Summaries encapsulate key points of the chapter and offer students beneficial study aids.
The Green Pharmacy
"The Green Pharmacy"
Many diseased and conditions for which we turn to modern medicine can also be treated naturally with healing herbs, medicinal food, other natural remedies--and these treatments can be safer, less expensive and possibly even more effective than traditional methods. Let Dr. James Duke, the world's leading authority on healing herbs, leads you through the vast world of natural remedies--from Anise for Asthma to Violet for Varicose Veins, and everything in between. With just a few trips to the health-food store, the supermarket, or your own backyard--and with the help of Dr. Duke--you'll have everything you need to create your own Natural Medicine Cabinet.
Online Chemists Articles
Online Chemists Books