Chemists - Pharmacy - Online Pharmacy - Australian Chemists
Prescription Medicine - Medicine - Perfumes - Fragrances
Pharmaceutical Calculations For Pharmacy Technicians
Math is a critical element of pharmaceutical care and a sound knowledge of math concepts is key to succeeding as a pharmacy technician. The second edition of PHARMACEUTICAL CALCULATIONS FOR PHARMACY TECHNICIANS: A WORKTEXT provides an effective, hands-on guide to essential math skills, from simple addition and subtraction to formulas used in dosage calculations and basic business math. This highly practical reference helps students develop strong math skills to perform accurate calculations with confidence and prevent medication errors. In addition to informative content, the text includes abundant examples of medication labels, medical forms, and other images to help students apply professional skills in real-life situations. Now thoroughly updated, this edition is more useful than ever, providing an invaluable resource for students and professional pharmacy technicians alike.
Pharmacy Calculations For Technicians
With this exceptional textbook students gain the necessary knowledge skills and confidence to provide safe and effective care for the patients they will serve in their future careers. Chapter content provides a stepped approach to pharmacy calculations by laying a foundation of number sense in the beginning chapters and building to more complex calculations related to parenteral medications.
Students using the textbook and Study Partner CD will:
In addition four appendices provide important resources for pharmacy technician students.
These appendices include:
- Review basic mathematical concepts such as fractions decimals percents ratios and number systems
- Understand different calculation methods such as ratio and proportion dimensional analysis and alligation
- Practice calculations conversions and measurements for accurate drug doses
- Become knowledgeable about business calculations such as inventory profit margins and insurance reimbursements
The Study Partner CD supports student learning with:
- Problem Set Answers
- Additional Practice with Fractions and Percents
- Common Pharmacy Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Measures and Conversions
New chapter features include:
- Chapter Terms and Flash Cards that help students learn key terminology
- Matching Activities that provide students with a fun interactive way to learn chapter content
- Quizzes that test studentsa' understanding of important chapter concepts in both Practice and Reported modes
- A link to the Internet Resource Center that provides in-depth reference information and additional resources
In addition to these new features Pharmacy Calculations for Technicians continues to offer:
- Timely Topics cover important issues and initiatives to heighten studentsa' awareness of the developing technology trends and policies impacting their field. Specifically this edition covers daysa' supply time conversion IV calculations and insurance reimbursements to name a few.
- Sampling the Certification Exam provides students with 5 practice problems that model the test format of the certification exams.<
- Body System Icons appear near all generic and brand name medications discussed in the chapter. These icons help students make connections between medications and the body systems they are prescribed to treat.
- For Good Measure tips offer students helpful hints and rules to remember when performing pharmacy calculations.
- Safety in Numbers tips alert students to important safety reminders to ensure safe and effective patient care.
- Put Down Roots tips analyze the root words of math terms helping students better understand how the definitions of these terms emerged from their word parts.
- Name Exchange tips remind students they must be familiar with both the generic name and the brand name of frequently prescribed medications.
- Chapter Summaries provide students with a helpful overview of the chaptera's key points.
- Assessing Comprehension provides 10 multiple-choice questions that cover important concepts from the chapter.
- Finding Solutions presents real-world scenarios to help students gain practice in handling challenging workplace situations.<
- Learning Objectives
- Examples and Problem Sets
- Key Terms
- Authentic Medication Labels
- Photos Figures and Tables
- Chapter Practice Tests
How To Build A Pharmacy Business (special Edition)
In clear, easy-to-grasp language, the author covers many of the topics that you will need to know in order to launch and run a successful business venture.
Online Chemists Articles
Online Chemists Books