Chemists - Pharmacy - Online Pharmacy - Australian Chemists
Prescription Medicine - Medicine - Perfumes - Fragrances
Pharmacy Management Software For Pharmacy Technicians 2e
Gain a head start on your career as a pharmacy technician with Pharmacy Management Software for Pharmacy Technicians, 2nd Edition. This innovative software/worktext package incorporates the full version of real pharmacy management software to give you hands-on training performing the day-to-day tasks of a pharmacy technician just as you will on the job. Easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions guide you through entering patient data, prescription/medication orders, and insurance information, reviewing inventory, and more, enabling you to acquire the skills and experience for professional success before you leave the classroom!
- UNIQUE! Full version of DAA Enterprises' Visual Superscript pharmacy management software reflects the software programs you'll encounter in the workforce and enables you to work through realistic practice scenarios.
- UNIQUE! Fully functional patient record database corresponds to worktext exercises to provide realistic practice:
- Determining possible adverse reactions
- Filling and refilling prescriptions
- Examining a patientOs prescription history
- Identifying potential allergic reactions to drug ingredients
- And more
- Worktext activities and case studies walk you through essential pharmacy tasks just as you'll perform them on the job.
- Detailed screenshots guide you through the pharmacy management software.
- Study tools on the companion Evolve website provide technical support, laboratory tips, and additional practice.
- UNIQUE! Enhanced institutional pharmacy coverage provides additional practice in:
- Extemporaneous compounding
- Total parenteral nutrition
- IV label preparation
- UNIQUE! Lab tips help you perform tasks more efficiently.
- Convenient new design incorporates full-color software screenshots, perforated pages, and a spiral binding to help you easily find and apply information.
Pharmacy Calculations For Technicians
With this exceptional textbook students gain the necessary knowledge skills and confidence to provide safe and effective care for the patients they will serve in their future careers. Chapter content provides a stepped approach to pharmacy calculations by laying a foundation of number sense in the beginning chapters and building to more complex calculations related to parenteral medications.
Students using the textbook and Study Partner CD will:
In addition four appendices provide important resources for pharmacy technician students.
These appendices include:
- Review basic mathematical concepts such as fractions decimals percents ratios and number systems
- Understand different calculation methods such as ratio and proportion dimensional analysis and alligation
- Practice calculations conversions and measurements for accurate drug doses
- Become knowledgeable about business calculations such as inventory profit margins and insurance reimbursements
The Study Partner CD supports student learning with:
- Problem Set Answers
- Additional Practice with Fractions and Percents
- Common Pharmacy Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Measures and Conversions
New chapter features include:
- Chapter Terms and Flash Cards that help students learn key terminology
- Matching Activities that provide students with a fun interactive way to learn chapter content
- Quizzes that test studentsa' understanding of important chapter concepts in both Practice and Reported modes
- A link to the Internet Resource Center that provides in-depth reference information and additional resources
In addition to these new features Pharmacy Calculations for Technicians continues to offer:
- Timely Topics cover important issues and initiatives to heighten studentsa' awareness of the developing technology trends and policies impacting their field. Specifically this edition covers daysa' supply time conversion IV calculations and insurance reimbursements to name a few.
- Sampling the Certification Exam provides students with 5 practice problems that model the test format of the certification exams.<
- Body System Icons appear near all generic and brand name medications discussed in the chapter. These icons help students make connections between medications and the body systems they are prescribed to treat.
- For Good Measure tips offer students helpful hints and rules to remember when performing pharmacy calculations.
- Safety in Numbers tips alert students to important safety reminders to ensure safe and effective patient care.
- Put Down Roots tips analyze the root words of math terms helping students better understand how the definitions of these terms emerged from their word parts.
- Name Exchange tips remind students they must be familiar with both the generic name and the brand name of frequently prescribed medications.
- Chapter Summaries provide students with a helpful overview of the chaptera's key points.
- Assessing Comprehension provides 10 multiple-choice questions that cover important concepts from the chapter.
- Finding Solutions presents real-world scenarios to help students gain practice in handling challenging workplace situations.<
- Learning Objectives
- Examples and Problem Sets
- Key Terms
- Authentic Medication Labels
- Photos Figures and Tables
- Chapter Practice Tests
Pharmacy Calculations For Technicians
Pharmacy Calculations for Technicians Fourth Edition offers the most thorough approach to understanding pharmacy calculations - so every student succeeds. Its extensive examples help students apply calculations in the workplace.
Additional problems with solutions at the end of the book provide practice with immediate feedback; Pretest available to check student readiness; Study Partner multimedia CD included with each textbook.
Online Chemists Articles
Online Chemists Books